The WPL 17 ACS classic air source heat pump for hydronic heating is ideal for high-performing houses with a small heating load. Hydronic heat pumps extract energy from the outdoor air and utilise it to cost-effectively heat your home STIEBEL’s advanced inverter technology delivers all year round exceptional efficiency. Engineered for outdoor installation, the footprint of the WPL 17 ACS classic is small, meaning it can be used where space comes at a premium. The encapsulated refrigerant circuit, as well as the acoustically isolated compressor, guarantees quiet operation. In addition, the sound of the heat pump can be further reduced by enabling the integrated silent mode function.
The WPL 17 ACS classic comes in a package with the hydraulic module HMS Trend. This ensures that you receive a perfectly matched kit for your home which operates smoothly. The HMS Trend module integrates various components including a circulation pump, expansion vessel, safety valve and the WPM heat pump manager.
Made in Germany for Australian homes
- Perfect for high-performance homes, such as passive houses, with a small heating demand
- Offered in a perfectly matched kit including the HMS Trend hydraulic module
- Advanced inverter technology for increased energy efficiency of the hydronic heating system
Putting the performance into your high-performing house
- Considerably more efficient than gas boilers keeping your heating costs to a minimum
- Low operating sound with a silent mode function
- Compact design to save outdoor space;
Straight forward installation
- Floor standing and wall mounted options
- Only requires single phase power
- Easy access to electrical connection panel without having to open the appliance
- Anti-vibration mounting bracket for easy connection to the hydronic heating system
- Heat pump kit including hydraulic module HMS Trend ensures a neat and simple installation having most of the components already integrated in the system
1. How does a hydronic heat pump work to heat my home?
Air source heat pumps use a refrigeration circuit to harvest energy from the air. This energy is then used to heat the water which is pumped through a hydronic heating circuit, such as in-slab piping or radiators, to warm your home.
2. How noisy is a hydronic heat pump?
Hydronic heat pumps from STIEBEL ELTRON are the quietest on the market thanks to an encapsulated refrigerant circuit and acoustically isolated compressor. Advanced sound engineering guarantees that heat pumps from STIEBEL ELTRON can be used in neighbourhoods with a dense population. Many models even feature an additional silent mode.
3. Can a hydronic heat pump system still heat my home when it is cold outside?
Yes, hydronic heat pumps from STIEBEL ELTRON are engineered to operate energy efficiently even when outside temperatures fall below zero. Advanced technology from Germany ensures efficiency even at cold temperatures down to -20°C. For instance, the natural defrost function of the WPL 25 AC(S) comes into play in temperatures around 0°C to ensure a smooth and efficient operation when it becomes frosty in Australian winter.
4. Can I use hydronic radiators with this heat pump?
Yes, STIEBEL ELTON offers a wide range of hydronic heat pumps which serve as heat source for either under floor heating or radiator heating, or both. This depends on the models’ flow temperatures. Please consult with a STIEBEL expert to identify the right system for your needs.
5. Where can I purchase a STIEBEL ELTRON hydronic heating heat pump from?
STIEBEL ELTRON is working closely with hydronic heating specialists throughout Australia. Feel free to get in touch and ask for a recommended installer.
6. Do I need three phase power to operate a hydronic heating heat pump?
STIEBEL ELTRON offers both single and three phase models. The letter “S” in the model description stands for single phase, such as the WPL 25 ACS. Please also check the technical details on the product page of your model or contact STIEBEL ELTRON for further advice.
7. Can I control my hydronic heating heat pump from my mobile device?
All STIEBEL ELTRON heat pumps in Australia are offered with an optional ISG web, which allows you to control and monitor your heating system via a home network or mobile device.